I could, but today, I wont

I could count down on my fingertips the days its been since we lost spoke,
I could, but today, I wont.

I could throw every gift you ever gave me and burn it down to ash and smoke,
I could, but today, I wont.

I could make a list of all the reasons why we will never work out,
I could, but today, I wont.

I could admit that I miss you but there is a voice that reminds me of the chaos that we are, it starts from a whisper to a deafening shout.
So I could, but today, I wont.

Deep inside I now that we could fix everything that went wrong,
I know, I know we could, but today, I wont.

And more than anything else, I know how this goes, because we have been on this road for too long,
And I could continue down this path and just be with you, I could, but today, I wont.

I know I could hold on to you and you would hold on to me and maybe the two of of us could make it,
I could, I wish I could, but today, I know better and that is why, I wont.

Comments

Popular Posts