"She is so much better than you"

"She is so much better than you"
You used to say in December last year,
But what did I ever do to you?
I should have seen right through you my dear,
I took your abuses and smiled through the pain,
But all my efforts went in vain,
When you broke me because you had nothing left to gain,
You had kept her hidden from me,
And when I found out you didn't even offer a plea,
You kept up the lie,
Did you forget how much you made me cry?
I used to spend days staring at my reflection,
I had to take pills for my depression,
And now you walk around spreading lies,
With the same voice I fell in love with and now despise
But who am I to speak of love
When everything you gave me was so rough?
Did I not tell you that June night
"I don't believe in happily ever after"?
Then why didn't you give up the fight?
At first you filled me with happiness and laughter,
You used to say you couldn't imagine without me a life
"I swear I'll make you my wife"
But then she came around,
And to you a new side I found,
The pictures and messages you hid,
Haunt me every time I close each eye lid.

Comments

Popular Posts