"It's too cold outside for angels to fly."

"...Angels could die, struggling tonight."

Have you ever wanted to achieve or accomplish something so great that the next time you walk into school, a junior of yours comes running up to you and hugs you saying "I am a huge fan" or even one day, you are walking by yourself and someone comes up to you and says "Nice job."

When I was in 8th grade we had a Columbus Day Parade. Now, you see I grew up in Brooklyn, New York and attended a public school so the highlights of my fall was that parade. Although, I cant seem to remember why because it was never really a big deal because all I did was walk in the parade with a recorder [Or was it a flute?] while wearing my school shirt. [With just about hundreds of people watching me and my school mates marching down the avenue] Anyway, that year I came home and I went out to roller blade [I dedicated eight years of my life to learning how to be an In-Line skater, lets just say I always dreamed of being a professional In-Line skater but that dream ended when we were moving to Pakistan and my mother informed me that I have to stop acting like 'One of the guys' and be a lady for once.] - So right, I went out to roller blade and this elderly person from my apartment building saw me and said "I saw you in the parade, nice job"

It was as simple as that and since then I have always wanted to do something to be recognized. Yeah. I want to be recognized for doing something great. Though, marching in a parade may not be a huge deal, I want to do something that is in fact a huge deal. I want people to know me not for the sake of popularity but I want people to recognize me, and be in awe of me AND my writing. I want inspire someone out there and to have someone say to me "Hey, nice job."

Is that weird? Is that such a petty thing to want?

Maybe. I dont know. It doesnt seem weird to me. It doesnt seem petty to me.
I want to be recognized.

I am inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, John Bon Jovi, Jane Austen, Agatha Christie and Shel Silverstien, maybe I want someone to be inspired be me - The Girl With Issues.

Weird, right?

[By the way, John Bon Jovi is not a writer. He is just the only musician that ever inspired me and his songs make me happy so yeah, he deserves to be on the list.]

"Its too cold outside for angels to fly"

Comments

Popular Posts