How To: Feel Beautiful

How To: Feel Beautiful

How many times has someone called you beautiful and you just felt like yelling at them saying "No, I am not."? How many times do  you stare at your reflection in the mirror or pondering over your actions thinking you are not beautiful? How many times do you wish you felt beautiful?

I used to. I used to hide behind my hair and watch the world go by. I used to sit alone and think that the way I looked defined me. I wasted a whole year of my life hiding in the shadows because I didnt like the way I looked, talked and acted. I hid away until enough was enough. One day, I decided I was done seeking validation and approval from others about who or what I am as a person. Now, my friends tell me they envy my lips or teeth but not for one second do I believe them when they say think I am beautiful. I only believe people when they say my writing is beautiful and I am a reflection of my writing.

We are born with our physical features. The way we look is not something we have much control over. Something we did not create can not define us. So how do you make yourself feel beautiful? This is what I do but do keep in mind that this is me and the things may not apply to you.

1. Smile. The most beautiful people are the ones who can smile despite how damaged they truly are Even when the walls are crumbling down beside me, I manage to smile, Just smile and the world will smile along with you.

2. I wanted to be the head of the literary society at college but I was not picked because someone else was better. Does that make me a bad writer? Does that mean I am not good at what I do? No. It means that someone else was better. Stop comparing your features and talents with that of others. There will always be someone better in different ways. The thing about beauty whether inner or outer is that it can not be measured. There is no measure of beauty. If someones writing, face, talent or any aspect seems more beautiful then that doesnt mean you are not beautiful. There are just different preferences, interpretations and views.

3. The way you feel about yourself is a reflect of who you are. If you think bad things about yourself, think you are a bad person or just allow yourself to bask in the negativity surrounding you then its going to show. No matter how appealing a persons physical attributes may be, there is a certain attraction about a person who believes in themselves. There is a glow surrounding someone who believes in themselves. 

4. Maintain and groom yourself. If you want to feel beautiful, carry yourself in a manner that seems beautiful to you.

5. Do not degrade yourself. No matter what you think about yourself, do not insult your features or who you are. If you do it, you will carry around with yourself an aura which screams that its okay for another person to degrade you as well.

6. Do something you love. When I write something I am proud of, sometimes I can read it over and over again and think to myself  "Hm, maybe I am not so bad at this thing." When you do something that makes you proud of yourself, its going to make you feel good. You have to feel good about yourself.

7 Help others. What can be more beautiful than a person who devotes their time to helping another person?

8. Smile. Why am I repeating this? Because that is the key. Just smile.

Comments

  1. keep smiling

    http://www.sandaraa.com/uploads/1/6/2/8/16289752/hatera2.mp3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that Balochi?
      I dont understand even one word of the song. :/

      Delete
    2. i believe its Persian or Dari. watch it

      www.vimeo.com/81732085

      I hope you will enjoyed it

      Delete
    3. Loved this! Your writing is very beautiful. I've learned that comparison is the theif of happiness. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Your words inspire.

      Delete
    4. * I hope you have enjoyed* it

      Delete
    5. Jauhar, I saw most of the video but I still do not understand any of the words. The instrumentals are good though.

      Delete
    6. Thank you, Meghan. That was really nice of you to say

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts