The siren song

I'm surrounded by people and faces,
There is always someone to fill the empty spaces,
I'm never really alone,
But I ache right down to the bone,
There are people everywhere,
A smile far and near,
But my heart I'd overburdened by the pain,
Its a sunny day but I am standing out in the rain,
I feel like a desert so dry,
That I can't muster up even a faint cry,
Somehow I always end up doing what is wrong,
Misery calls out to me like a siren song,
I can't explain all that I feel,
I just wish I could heel,
There is so much more that meets the eye,
I'm not strong enough for another goodbye,
There are seven billion people around,
But for me not even one is found,
I feel broken and thrown aside,
I'm loosing myself in the oceans tide,
I know I'm not alone,
But I feel as if there's no one I could call who would pick up the phone.

Comments

Popular Posts