If you never ask.

Loneliness has always been an old friend. The only time I do not feel its presence is when I am writing. Otherwise, my heart aches at how I could be surrounded by a crowd of people and feel so utterly, helplessly alone.

Sometimes, my heart wants to burst out of my chest every time loneliness greets me.

Sometimes I feel like the rest of the world is filled with vibrant, bright colors while I am on the sidelines in black and white.

Sometimes I feel like I am not needed or even wanted and the only time I am able to be in someone else’s life is when I have to forcefully push through the walls and make a room for myself somewhere I feel like I do not belong. Sometimes, I feel like those walls are about to close in on me.

Sometimes, I feel alone but I am not alone and neither are you.

WE are not alone.

There are times when I can go days without crumbling under the pressure of all that is life but then one day, it all just breaks apart. For a long time, I had to learn to be my own best friend because whenever I found myself falling to pieces, I couldn’t think of anyone I could call and seek comfort from. This would make me feel all the more lonely because I had 300 contacts in my phone and do you know how it feels to think there is not even one number you could call? A few days ago, I was finally knocked into my senses. I felt so broken and I didn’t want to feel alone as well so I texted two of my friends saying “I need a friend.” I wasn’t expecting them to even reply but before I could even put my phone down, both my friends called me even though it was not the slightest bit convenient for them. I always thought there was no one to call but I was wrong. I was so caught up in feeling alone that I did not realize was right here next to me but I was too blind to see.

If you never ask, you will never know. If you just assume that no one is going to be around even when you need them, who is to blame? If you do not tell your doctor you are sick, how would he know you require treatment? If you do not tell your teacher you do not understand something, how can she help you? If you dont tell your friend you are upset then how can your friend be there for you?

Im not sure what weapons you need to tackle loneliness but I do know one of the most important things to do is let someone know how lonely you feel.

If you never ask, you will never know.

Comments

  1. Loneliness is a blessing in itself. & if you want to tackle it you can try books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books can distract you and take you away into a different world. They can make you forget how lonely you truly are but no, they cant entirely cure you of loneliness.

      Yes, sometimes loneliness is a blessing. We shouldnt entirely depend on other people but that doesnt mean we should bask in being alone. We should be ABLE to be alone. We should learn how to be alone and not get addicted to other people but doesnt mean it doesnt hurt and ache to be alone.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts