Falling

I used to think you can't break what's already broken,
And I won't ache again because of words that have already been spoken,
But here I stand,
Maybe its the confusion
Or the disillusion,
I thought I'd never learn to love someone new,
Then why am I so caught up in you?
You might not believe,
I understand its difficult to conceive,
But every moment of every day,
I think of you and the words you say,
And I know I am wrong,
I know you will never love me like your favorite song,
I know for us there is no happy ending,
But thinking of you sends me spiraling,
Maybe now,
I should figure out how,
To let go of the one,
Who makes me smile brighter than the sun,
Maybe you,
Want me gone too,
But these feelings I don't want to hide,
If you're the ocean, I want to be the tide.

Comments

Popular Posts