What am I doing with my life?

What am I doing with my life?

Dont we all wonder the same thing sooner or later?

Doesnt it strike us all eventually that those rainy, college days spent hanging out in the cafe are soon going to be over?

Dont we all wonder about all the inevitable goodbyes when the people we couldnt imagine spending a single class without are bound to leave to different parts of the world?

Dont we all eventually come to that point in life where it isnt just planning, deciding and thinking, when we have to finally take a step forward in to this great, big world?

When I was 7, I wanted to be a power ranger. I wanted to somehow get mutant, super powers and save the world.

When I was 10, I was addicted to the tellitubbies and I suppose I just wanted to run away and find my own little escape.


When I was 13, I was bent on becoming an FBI agent.

When I was 15, I became more realistic and decided I wanted to do ACCA.

When I was 17, I decided I want to be a software engineer.

And now, Im on the verge of being 19, now I dont get to change my mind, I dont get to be irrational, I have to grow up and make grown up decsions and I have no idea what to do.

I cant possibly be the only one scared of this decision, right?
There are exams to study for, entry tests to give but what good are entry tests when you have no idea what course, what field, what place and what dream you want to follow?

I used to think I had this whole jar of dreams and expectations and now, it sems like they were all the mindless crafts of a child. It feels like its time to make decsions I am not ready for.

But thats growing up isnt it?

Comments

Popular Posts