Promises

I remember all the promises you made,
How could I not when I was there to watch them fade?
So now when I lie awake staring at the skyline,
Every star reminds me of when you were mine.

Although I admit I love you no more,
Thoughts of you my heart still does store,
Feelings of hatred I did allow to die,
But I will never forget all the tears you forced me to cry,
To trusting others my heart has been shut,
When our ties you chose to cut,
And I admit I would never have you back,
Because you are not something my life does lack,
But you were the one who destroyed my faith in love,
And tore me apart until no remedy was enough.

Of you no ill I should speak,
But my capability to love again you have left weak.

You may mean not a thing,
But your melody of betrayal this soul does occasionally sing.

How can this broken heart learn to trust someone new,
When all its faith has been shattered by you?

Miss you I do not,
Nor do I regret how we fought,
But I wish I could erase my mind,
So no memories of you I could ever find.

Comments

Popular Posts