Life and death

Do you ever feel like you are content with your life but at the same time you do not really care if it were to end? Like, yes you are terrified of the prospect of death and you have plans for the future but you're not really sure if any of it is worth it. You wonder why you go through all these ups and downs. I mean, what really for? As if you are alive but you're not entirely grateful to be alive. You somehow feel like if your life were to end then it would be just about alright with you.

Maybe this doesnt make much sense.

But.

If it does pull a string somewhere in your heart then I've got a story for you. A few days ago, my friends father passed away. It was a shock to say the least. He was alive one day and the next he wasn't. He was healthy one moment and then the next he wasn't. He was breathing one day while his family couldn't imagine living without him and then the next, he wasn't.

He was alive but then he wasn't.

It has really made me wonder about the why's of this world. I now, more than anything can't help but wonder about the dreams that man, that father, that husband and that brother had. He might have dreamt of giving his daughters hand in marriage or caressing his wife's hands when they've grown old and are watching their grandchildren flutter about.

I refuse to belieive anytihing happens without a reason especially ii it i i life ii death. I ir refuse to believe some of us are snatched away while some of us are granted to live another day. I refuse to believe it happens without a bigger reason.

I know, I know this happens everywhere and to everyone. I know people are alive and well one day and then the next they arent. I know it happens but I refuse to believe even a small, irrelevant stone is skipped across the ocean without a reason.

So I say this knowing how easy it is to give up or not really be thankful to be alive. I know there are days when we wonder if waking up each day to the same lows is worth it. I know how it feels to be indifferent to life but I also know there has to be a reason for the parts we play.


When our homes burn down, we wonder if its truly worth it to build them back up but then where else would we go?

None of us know why our clocks are still ticking while others have ran out. All I know is that it doesn't even matter. While we take this gift of life for granted, there are others who ache for what we have.

Sometimes we get a wake up call which reminds us of how blessed we truly are.

The saddest part is that for some it comes too late.

Comments

Popular Posts