The Balloon

Today, I saw several people walking around with balloons and among the many coloured balloons was my favourite colour, green. It was only natural that I wanted a glistening, beautiful, green balloon of my own. I saw one of my ex-classmates with several balloons and I went up to ask her for one, she refused. [Insert sound of heartbreaking here] I went on to see many other people with balloons and the more balloons I saw, the more my heart yearned for one of those shiny, helium filled, beauties but alas, no one was willing to give me one. There were some people who had three to five balloons and not a single person was willing to share. I was disheartened because I really wanted a balloon, imagine a five year old child who didn't get the last the cookie in the cookie jar. So, I went to the gym hall to sit down and listen to music. I entered the gym and looked up to see the ceiling filled with colourful, beautiful balloons. It was truly a magical sight.

At first, I thought I would just sit down and wait for a balloon to descend down to me but I knew all too well that it would take far too long. This made me more disheartened and I left the gym hall and went to go sit on the music room floor. At that time, a very talented friend of mine was playing the guitar and perhaps it was in that melody that I found my inspiration. I think this was a valuable life lesson and I want to share it with you guys in hopes that it can help you as well.

The balloons can be associated with just about anything, they can represent your dreams or deepest, darkest desires. They can represent anything and everything your heart calls out for. You could see someone walking around with your dream and you could think "Hm, maybe she can help me get my dream because shes already gotten hers." but you will soon find that not many people are willing to help or give away such things. You will go on to see that there will be many people who probably achieved the same dream as your own while you are left empty handed. You just might start to wonder why they can achieve it but you cant, you might begin to doubt yourself and worse, you might end up giving up on trying to get your dream. Though, the story doesn't end there, you might go through something, an experience or find yourself on a road where you look up and you see your dreams hanging above you in the sky, in that moment it would feel like you could reach up and grab them but that would just be an illusion. You may decide to sit there and wait for a balloon to float down to you but even if it did, it would be deflated and it would have lost its meaning. No one is tall enough to grab balloons from such a high ceiling so what do you do? If you see your dreams hanging above you and you know you cant just jump up and grab them then what do you do? Do you just walk away and try to think of alternative methods like going to buy a balloon from somewhere or try to take one from someone or worse, do you just give up on trying to get it because you think you will never be able to? Meaning, do you decide to take someone else's dream or find some other dream to catch?

What you do is you get up, you get a ladder and you reach high above and try to grasp your dream into the palm of your hands. The ladder here is of course metaphorical and it just means you have to get up, fight some battles and make yourself be able to reach high above and grab your dreams. If you want your dreams then you cant ask for them, you cant sit and wait for them to come down to you. You have to work for them.

That is what dreamers do, that is what dreams are worth.

Comments

Popular Posts