Twenty Days

  • They might over look the actions of a cowardly man,
    But what of her who steals whatever she thinks she can?
    Can you forgive her treacherous act?
    What of the unspoken girl code pact?
    Can you take what belongs to another?
    My heart did you two have to smother?
    If I wasn't enough then why didn't you walk away?
    So I might have been strong enough to love another day?
    There is another man I want to know,
    Who can love me and make me glow,
    I imagine he would like me for my heart,
    I'll have his attention from the start,
    But I'm so afraid to say another hello
    Because I've already felt loves deathly blow
    If you didn't love me anymore then why didn't you just go?
    If you wanted her then why didn't you say so?
    Why did you play this stupid game?
    Why did you ruin my name?
    I want to love another man
    With him my happiness I want to plan
    I want to call him mine
    Someone who can make this broken heart feel better than just fine,
    Soon these twenty days will leave
    And maybe my heart will seize to grieve
    I know this man will be stronger than you ever were
    And he will never leave me for another 'her'
    So goodbye to you
    Because the one for me will appear from out of the blue.

Comments

Popular Posts