Twenty One Days

It was the second day of December, And in twenty one days it will be a year, But every minute of it I still remember, How can I forget the month I spent in fear? How can I forget every tear? Those were the days I realized I was never enough, Within hours of our goodbye he had found another soul to love, I spent three years far too long, And now as the memories creep back, I can't be strong, I sent him a message today I wanted to see what he would say But all I heard was "You're no one to me." Though I don't even deserve pity, Because why would I message someone who cheated? Don't I remember how my love was defeated? I have to forget the dreams of marriage I had, I have to forget the names of children I imagined who would call him dad, But how do you forget December, When for the last four years his love is all you can remember? How do you smile and walk away, When you count the minutes since separation every day? Twenty one days left until its been a year, And every second, I'll cry a new tear.

Comments

Popular Posts