A not so blue April - Day 2

*How I Met Your Mother spoilers.*

Last night, I watched the series finale of How I Met Your Mother and like most people, I was disappointed. Perhaps because the idea of Robin and Barney not working out seemed unsettling. I guess seeing a guy like Barney change for the woman he loved gave me hope. I even admit, I wanted something like what Robin and Barney had, their chemistry, the way he proposed to her, the way he changed for her and the way he had vowed to never lie to her even though for much of the series, all Barney had done was lie. I wanted and I needed to believe in that.

I also admit, I needed to believe that the mother, this woman who seemed beyond perfect for Ted would be his happily ever after. You could see how Teds relationship with her was different than any of his others. Among all the things I needed, I needed Ted to be with this woman who made him happy beyond measure, who loved him the way he loved her.

It seemed like all the things I was rooting for were destroyed but then I realized, it was never really about the mother. It may be true that Ted loved her and she was the perfect match for him but in his stories, the mother hardly gets a season dedicated to her. I somehow think that along, it was like Teds kids had said; The stories weren't about how Ted met the mother but how Ted was in love with Robin. Which in turn gives me a new sense of hope that regardless of life's twists and turns, you end up right where you belong.

If Robin and Barney had never gone down that road, she may never have realized that Ted was the one she should have ended up with. Even if Ted was in love with her for all this time, Robin may never have had the same feelings for him until it hadn't worked out with Barney and if she hadn't seen Ted with the mother.

Through all the scenarios, maybe this is their happily ever after. With Ted and Robin, they may have been right for each other but the other seasons were the wrong time and now finally, this was their right time. Maybe they both needed to go through all those things to end up together and when I saw Robin stand at that window smiling back at Ted, I realized just how much she loved him and how happy they both were.

Maybe you do end up where you belong.

Comments

  1. it was just a story ,,,written by some creepy writer ....dont take it serious

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts