Apologetically, unapologetic.

Dear apologetically me,

I know you're sorry for everything you do. You're sorry you get a little too excited in class and blurt out things a lot louder than you'd expect. I know you're sorry for the things you say in crowded hallways and when people overhear. I know you're sorry when you do something so unconventional that you can't help but wonder what's wrong with you. And most of all, I know you're sorry that you're so damn sorry all the time.

I know your mind has become a battlefield where every thought collides with another. I know you just want to stop thinking about it all and for once just accept who you are.  I know you want to stand tall and say; "This is me and how I am" but you just, can not find a way. I wish I could tell you a secret that would calm the storm within you but sadly, I know nothing of the sort.

All I know is, you're sorry. You were also sorry three years ago when you got yelled at by a teacher. Your friend had stolen your shoe and you were walking down the hallway, barefoot and confused. I remember how sorry you were for the next four weeks thinking you had tarnished your reputation. I also remember that you haven't thought of that day until now. I know there are things that consume you today but they might never matter again. You are not one to live in regret.

You have been sorry so many times for who you are but its time to stop. There's a long drive ahead and you can not slow down for every pebble in the road.

I know you're sorry and I know you're afraid of messing things up. I know that in your head you have an image of who you want to be but at what cost? You could either accept yourself in happiness or try to be someone you're not while being so damn sorry.

All I really know is that what seems like a disaster today is a story you will laugh at ten years from now.

There are too many mistakes yet to be made to be sorry about them all.


Unapologetically,
You.

Comments

Popular Posts